[Equest-users] Waterside Economizer

Greg Collins GCollins at glumac.com
Wed Jun 2 08:59:56 PDT 2010

Charles,

I haven't done this myself, but have an idea that you might try..  Set
up your chilled water loops so that the chiller and heat exchangers are
in parallel.  Then, set up equipment control with a schedule so that the
chiller is disabled and the heat exchanger enabled when the outside air
conditions are suitable.  You may have to put the hourly ourside air dry
bulb/ wet bulbs temps in Excel to crunch and figure out the schedule.

Again, I haven't had to do this before so there may very well be a
simpler approach to modeling a waterside economizer, but I think this
would work.   Let me know how you make out.

Greg Collins
GLUMAC | (949) 833-8190