[Equest-users] Defined walls in DD wizard issue

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Wed Jun 2 21:25:14 PDT 2010

     I have been running into this for the last few days.  The answer is
as far as I can tell you get to define one wall and one roof type.  Page
2, create one of each by layer, on page 3, select that as your type.
You will have to change the different ones in the detailed edit mode.
Make the rest in detailed edit and paste them in.
     This only applies to simple buildings.  The rule still applies on
complex buildings with different foot prints on different levels.  When
you do them it is best to carry lots of zones, delete items instead of
create from scratch, change items with links, as you progress upwards.
You can group the zones back together later. Heat transfer areas,
layers, and exposure are most important at this point in the model.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering