[Equest-users] make exterior wall an interior wall

Peter Hillermann e190984026 at exchange.1and1.com
Tue Jun 22 06:52:25 PDT 2010

Reba,

Are you talking about doing, for example, a retail space with a store front
and it has 2 walls that abut other buildings making them interior? If that
is the case you have to make 2 other blocks of no significant shape next to
the space that you are analyzing as fill in the blank spaces. These are
really place holders for  other portions of the building. You will have to
make the items in these spaces use 0 energy by making all their lighting
HVAC occupancy etc. 0. In other words make a schedule that turns on 0 of the
equipment. The 2 spaces that abut the space you are analyzing should be
drawing no energy otherwise they will show up in the analysis. I did this
tutorial in another program.

Thanks,

PETER HILLERMANN

 <mailto:peterh at westallarchitects.com> peterh at westallarchitects.com