[Equest-users] Importing a CAD file

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 10:04:03 PDT 2010

What you are seeing is a "zone group" definition, which includes all of the
thermal zones you defined previously.  If you look at the botton of the
page, you'll see an outline of your building footprint with the zones
outlined.  You need to add more "zone group" definitions and assign zones to
them before you can assign different HVAC systems to different zones.  BUT
before you do this, look at the HVAC systems.  In the first window, at the
bottom it says "System Assignment to Thermal Zones".  Here you can specify
whether you want to create a system for each thermal zone, one for each
floor, one for each shell, etc.  So try a couple different options and see
what happens when you go to detailed edit before you go to the trouble of
creating a separate 'zone group' for each zone.

--
Karen