[Equest-users] Control zone.

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Thu Jun 10 06:49:43 PDT 2010

The control zone is the zone you have picked out of the group of zones
where the t-stat is located.  An air side unit will supply conditioned
area to all these zones and be controlled by the T-stat and the
conditions in that particular zone.  All the other zones get whatever
fraction you have assigned to them from the air side unit.  Sometimes if
you have selected a zone not representative of the group you will get a
lot of under or over cooled hours.  One of the ways to get them down is
to select a different control zone out of the group.  Depending on why
you have these hours this solution may make a big difference or no
difference.  The control zone should be the zone which is the hardest to
heat or cool.  It is just trial and error after a good judgment guess.
Don't forget to "save as" to get yourself a copy before you start to play.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering