[Equest-users] Baseline Modeling

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Fri Jun 11 13:51:25 PDT 2010

My two cents:

I think the process outlined by Paul is fine if you are doing compliance modeling or "after the fact" modeling.  A lot of the time when I start a model there is no proposed building - the model is used as a tool to define the proposed building. I find its better to start out with the 90.1 model and then run it in the detailed interface mode. John is right about the schedules - most often those are the first thing to go and are substituted with my own. I've attached a little XL tool that I created that I like to use for this - it allows you to push and pull the slider bars till you get your required schedule (you have to enable macros in the worksheet). It then creates a text string that you can copy and paste into your inp file to create a day schedule. Feel free to use it.

Back to the workflow thing - I find that if you start out with a 90.1 building  - it allows you to run this as a baseline and make design decisions to improve on it by looking at the base. This way you still have all your wizard values for the base building (although the inp file for 90.1 construction posted to this list earlier makes that superfluous too).

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Sustainable Design Analyst
1382 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309