[Equest-users] Help - Understanding hot water loop losses in eQUEST

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Jun 25 05:53:36 PDT 2010

Vaughn,

See this ASHRAE article about school potable water heating systems:
http://www.ga.wa.gov/Eas/elcca/Reports/Instantaneous%20Water%20Heating%2
0systems%20for%20schools%20-%20ASHRAE%20artic.pdf
Table 2 has UA values for pipe heat losses. Note that the values in the
table are per foot of pipe.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608