[Equest-users] No heating load to systems

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:28:30 PST 2010

Hi all,

I thought I was wrapping up my baseline model and then for some reason I
discovered that the only heating energy being used is going through the zone
baseboards.  When I take out the baseboards, the results show a big fat ZERO
for any space heating energy the DOE2 error shows below.  How can the design
loads not get passed to the system.  The baseline systems are VAV with
reheat, but for some reason there is no heat or reheat unless I specify
pre-heat (which there is none) or baseboards...  any ideas are
appreciated--because I thought I was closer to finished with this model
until this issue popped up.

Loop: Hot Water Loop has zero design flow.

Check input for consistency, or specify design loads.