[Equest-users] building footprints

jredburn at mindspring.com jredburn at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 14 17:02:36 PDT 2010

I hope your day has been better than mine.
I am trying to model the footprint of a very convoluted existing building.
The first few times I tried I did fairly well until the left edge of the project went to far into the NW quadrant. Then the program crashed every time I tried to put in another shell.  So I redrew the CAD program so everything was exactly uniform and symmetrical.
Now when I put the first shell in the NE quad everything is OK until I put the second shell in and the first shell is now out wandering around in the pasture.  Every time I put in a new shell it wants to go off and play by itself.
I have not had this problem before as I set the starting cood.s to zero and usually every thing stays where I plot it, but not today.
I also had some of the apartment units that stick out of the main building like fingers that would throw an error (lots of errors) when I tried to put a roof on them.  I found that if I rotated the apt bldgs to a N-S orientation then the roofs would plot just fine.  Does anybody know how to rotate the shells in Equest once they are plotted?
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Joe Redburn
LEED AP BD&C