[Equest-users] First Building Performance Simulation

mike584595 at aol.com mike584595 at aol.com
Thu Mar 18 13:19:28 PDT 2010

All:

I have just performed my first simulation using eQuest.  I modeled an existing building that is about 12 years old.  The project went well and there were few unknowns because I had free access to the original building plans.  I have a couple of questions now.

If I understand correctly, the model developed by eQuest assumes a minimum level of efficiency that is compliant with ASHRAE 90.1 or California Title 24 (see page 4 of the Introductory Tutorial).  If this is the case, then it is entirely possible (or expected) that the electric or fuel consumption will be lower than actual if the original building was not designed to be compliant with ASHRAE 90.1 or California Title 24.

Does everyone see it this way a well?

Thanks,

Mike Porter
Porter Brothers Inc.