[Equest-users] eQuest Fundamentals

mike584595 at aol.com mike584595 at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 10:32:38 PDT 2010

All:

In an earlier e-mail, I mentioned that I had modeled my first building and that the project had gone very well.  I built the model by entering data that reflected the existing building.  The results were impressive since the estimated annual energy costs were $47,274 and the actual energy costs were $48,536.

The building was built in 1998 and I know the designers.  I know that its design doesn't comply with ASHRAE 90.1 parameters.  So, if I want to estimate the energy costs of this building built to comply with ASHRAE 90.1, what do I do?  I noticed as I was entering the building parameters originally that the fields were populated with default values.  Are these the values that would comply with ASHRAE 90.1?  If I simply ran the simulation based on the program default values, would that generate the estimated annual energy costs of this building had it been built to comply with ASHRAE 90.1?

Thanks,

Mike Porter
Porter Brothers, Inc.