[Equest-users] Buffer Tank

Oleksandra Onisko OOnisko at mcw.com
Thu Mar 25 10:58:29 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to model a system in which a ground source heat pump is supplying water to a buffer tank that is also being heated by a boiler. Hot water from the buffer tank is then used for radiant floor heating, etc. I have tried to model this with a thermal storage system.  I have a thermal storage tank being charged by the boiler.  The buffer tank is attached to a loop that supplies the radiant slab. A heat pump chiller is also attached to this loop. I have an equipment control set up but it does not seem to be functioning properly. I get an error saying there is no flow on the loop that is charging the thermal storage tank. Is this the best way to go about modeling this system in eQuest? How do I get this to work properly?

Thanks,

Oleksandra Onisko LEED AP
EIT

MCW Consultants Ltd. <http://www.mcw.com/>
600-156 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6
Phone 416-598-2920
Fax 416-598-5394

This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender directly.