[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] Existing Building LEED Baseline

Gregg Liddick gliddick at theepstengroup.com
Fri Mar 12 08:42:22 PST 2010

James is correct regarding the windows - they should be modeled using the pre-renovation U-value and SHGC in the baseline case.

The baseline case should not be rotated for existing buildings, nor should it be rotated if the construction is an addition.  The basis of the rotation requirement for new construction is to reward the project team for choosing the most efficient orientation for a building and this is not an option for existing buildings and additions.

Best Regards,

Gregg Liddick, EIT, LEED(r) AP

The Epsten Group, Inc.
429 Edgewood Avenue
Atlanta GA 30312
Phone: 404-577-0370  ext. 102
Fax: 404-577-1739
www.theepstengroup.com<http://www.theepstengroup.com>

This transmission is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are NOT authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication, its attachments or any part of them. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication from all computers. This communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender, the sender's employer, or the employer's parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries.