[Equest-users] Building Square Footage

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:40:28 PDT 2010

Hi Rob,

this is a good question and important to understand about how inputs are
translated to DOE & reported in the output.

Yes you are right that the summary is accounting for the floor area of the
unconditioned spaces as well and the plenum spaces.  If you look at report
LV-B, summary of spaces in your project you will find the info you are
looking for.

This report is a listing of all the spaces (or thermal zones) in the
project.  Theis listing incudes both conditioned spaces as well as
unconditioned spaces and plenums.  In reviewing this report, pay special
attention to the column labeled "space floor multiplier".  The total area
and volume for each space is this value times the area and volume listed in
the last two columns.  The building totals row includes the effect of these
multipliers, but the area includes plenums and unconditioned spaces as
well.

Pasha