[Equest-users] No heating load to systems

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 11:34:43 PST 2010

Hi Umesh,

thanks for your attention to my issue.  Unfortunately because this is a
baseline case I can only put in pre-heat if my proposed design has it, and
my case does not.  What I thought was interesting in my case was that the
preheat & baseboard inputs were showing heating energy consumption, but the
AHU & HW coil was not showing any heating energy---I have know learned that
because I didn't have the T-stat schedule input this was not offering the
"call for heating" that the AHU was looking for.

At some point when I switched my project from Wizard to DDedit mode (&
changed my HVAC system type from chosen in the Wiz) so I went through the
input spreadsheet and "reset" the inputs back to default since I had changed
from an initial FC system selected in the wizard.  I didn't realize that by
"re-setting" the t-stat schedules they didn't default to a common schedule,
they just defaulted to nothing---so nothing was what I got.

this is a great simulation community and resource where we can all support
and help each other learn and learn from others' trials & troubles.  keep
the communication flowing...

Pasha