[Equest-users] Zoning Layouts

Edward Kucirek kucirekengineering at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 12:10:00 PST 2010

I want to thank everyone who replied to help me. I wanted to share the results I came to as some people responded only to me and not to all users. I received a couple of suggested similar to the one listed below:

"For two story lobbies, I have included a
lobby space and zone in each of the shells, and then in detail mode deleted the
second floor space and zone, and then increase the size of the first floor zone’s
exterior walls."

This works well but has to be done in detailed edit. I also received the emails below about using the zone characteristics to achieve this in wizard mode.

With my model I successfully accomplished my goal by modeling two shells for the first and second floor. I zoned each shell according to the different thermal zones. The two story area has the exact same zone coordinates.

I then went into the zone characteristics. On the second floor making the zone both open to below and a mutli level atrium. On the first floor I made it a multi level atrium and changed the conditioned height up to the full height of the second level. If you do not change conditioned height then there will be a gap in your building. See attachment.

Kevin

Kucirek Engineering, Inc.
7587 Main St.
Omaha, NE 68127