[Equest-users] [eQuest users] packaged variable volume system

Hwakong Cheng hwakong at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 00:14:20 PST 2010

Here are some thoughts, not knowing anything about your building or your climate...

1. A central VAV system can have a lot of reheat, whereas your PSZ systems should have no reheat. That can be a big savings in gas use.

2. Did you check whether all of the zones are satisfied throughout the year in both runs (unmet hours)?

3. Are you modeling SAT reset in your baseline?

If all else fails, look at some hourly reports to make sure that the models are doing what you're expecting them to be doing.

Good luck!

Hwakong