[Equest-users] Fwd: no heating loads to systems --part II

Daniel Deese Daniel.Deese at crbusa.com
Wed Mar 10 05:55:45 PST 2010

This problem isn't completely relevant, but I didn't find anything in the archives about it, so I figured I would pass this along in case someone finds themselves in a similar position:

I was working through a similar problem myself, where I had the AHU heating coils providing heat, but not the zone reheat coils.  I found that my problem was the heating availability schedule (HEATING-SCHEDULE).  I originally had it set to "S1-(YOUR SYSTEM NAME HERE) Heat Schedule", which is the zone temperature setpoint.  After much head scratching, I still kept getting 4,000 hours per year (for each zone) that the heat loads were not met.

The problem is, with a VAV with reheat system, you need heating more or less all year.  So, what I was telling equest was the heating is only available when the outside temperature is below a given value, when really you need heat all year. So, my solution was to change my heating availability schedule (HEATING-SCHEDULE) to "Hourly Report Schedule", and the very next simulation I had zero unmet hours.

I hope it helps.  thanks.

daniel

Daniel I. Deese, EI| CRB Consulting Engineers |

1255 Crescent Green, Suite 350 | Cary, NC 27518 |

P: 919-852-5443 | F: 919-852-5454 | X: 4543

Email: daniel.deese at crbusa.com <mailto:daniel.deese at crbusa.com>

This document may contain confidential information and is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not

the intended recipient, please do not transmit, copy, disclose, or utilize this communication in any manner. If you

received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.