[Equest-users] LEED modeling- Unit heaters‏

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 20:20:31 PST 2010

Nikola,

I agree with you that justifying  lighting savings in residential spaces is not an easy task . While ASHRAE Std. provides LPD for dormitory and multyfamily units ,  it is clear that we cannot take credit for lighting  in residential dwellings unless we provide  exceptional calculations according to CIR, dated 03/23/2007. We also need to include the unregulated lighting  that is modeled identically in baseline and proposed. I had slightly higher fan power in baseline as compared to proposed, but I used addendum and CIR to calculate brake house power .

Thanks,
Ana