[Equest-users] rule of thumb

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Thu Mar 18 08:54:59 PDT 2010

It pretty much depends on the baseline model and building type.

I don't want to give you the idea that knowing the site EUI at 52 kBtu/ft2/yr can't be useful, but off-hand I wouldn't use that to differentiate between 5 points or 6 points for example.  If you know how typical buildings of your type perform you might be able to estimate in 3 or 4 point ranges, or some similar resolution.

David
http://www.grummanbutkus.com