[Equest-users] Use of shells for non-repeating floor shapes

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:04:05 PDT 2010

Richard,

I wouldn't use the word essential. When you create a shell in the wizard you
have the option of calling out the roof, walls, and floor. Within your
wizard shell you cannot split the top of it to be half roof/half exposed to
another floor. They ways around that are to use 2 shells, one with the with
another floor above it and one with a roof above it, or call it all roof and
edit it appropriately when you are in the detailed data edit. While you are
doing this keep in mind and schedule/usage differences you will have as well
as your mechanical zones.

Hope that helps,
Carol

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Richard Williams <Richard.Williams at arup.com