[Equest-users] Summer Overheating Analysis

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Mar 30 08:16:41 PDT 2010

A fast thought - thought I might be misunderstanding the question...

1. Build an energy model that closely matches the existing building
behavior (matching utility bills/consumption using corresponding
historical weather data).

2a. If there are a significant number of undercooled hours, observe
which zone they are located in

2b. If there are not, uniformly lower cooling capacities across the
board by 10%, 20%... and observe which zones are most prone to being
undercooled.

It would be critical to accurately set the thermostat throttling ranges
and design space temperatures for this study.

NICK CATON, E.I.T.
PROJECT ENGINEER
25501 west valley parkway
olathe ks 66061