[Equest-users] ASHRAE baseline building rotation

Dahlstrom, Aaron ADahlstrom at in-posse.com
Wed Mar 31 06:30:11 PDT 2010

A heads up Andrew - I think you are using 90.1-2004 yes? - for a new building?

Appendix G - 2004 Table G.2.1.(c) - says to use SHGCall for the baseline glazing - ie no differention for North-facing glass.

ASHRAE 90.1-2007 eliminated this requirement - but it also eliminated a different allowance for North-glass SHGC - all directions of glass must meet the same SHGC requirement.

Aaron Dahlstrom , PE, LEED(r) AP
In Posse - A subsidiary of AKF| 1500 Walnut Street, Suite 1414, Philadelphia, PA 19102
d: 215-282-6753| m: 267-507-5470| In Posse: 215-282-6800| AKF: 215-735-7290