[Equest-users] CAUTION: Variable Speed Drive FPLR???

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu May 6 09:32:01 PDT 2010

On many projects, I've run into the following typical CAUTION in my SIM
ATTN report:

**CAUTION***************************************************************
*******

             In curve: Variable Speed Drive FPLR        the dependent
value

             is exceeding the limits.

             Value/Min/Max/First time:          1.257          0.100
1.000  12/31/24

It's always referencing this specific library VSD curve, and it always
occurs in the last hours of the very last day of the modeled year.  I've
seen it so much I'm pretty certain that particular value 1.257 is always
present too.

What are the implications here to the modeled behavior?  Is this caution
something of concern?  Is something off with the library curve?

I've always assumed that if something is only off in the last hours of
the modeled year, it shouldn't be a big deal - but it's bugging me that
I'm seeing this come up again and again and I don't know what it really
means...

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER