[Equest-users] Sunspace Interior-Wall Error

Jackson, Alan ajackson at klingstubbins.com
Thu May 6 10:55:06 PDT 2010

I am attempting to simulate a sunspace that will transfer light and heat
to the adjacent room. I first ran my project to make sure everything was
fine, which it was, but as soon as I change the parameter for
Sunspace=Yes, when I rerun the building I immediately am met with an
error relating to HVAC.

***ERROR****************************************************************
*******

In routine TEMDEV for ZONE South Perim Zn (G.S22)           on  2/ 7 hr
11 (InitialFlg =  0)

  SUNSPACE INTERIOR-WALL calculations produced bad values:

  CSSVEC (convection) =           0. CSSVEC (conduction) =  4269458176.

  This would cause a ***** degree ZONE temperature change.   Values are
being ignored.

  Check wall definitions for errors and report this inp/lib/wth to DOE-2
support.

Does anyone have experience creating sunspaces? I am converting a
conditioned space into a sunspace and ultimately will make the space
unconditioned with the ability to use the sunspace venting feature.

thanks

Alan Jackson, LEED AP
HVAC Project Engineer / BIM Team Leader