[Equest-users] FW: LEED CS EA C1 Optimize Energy Performance calculation

ashu gupta kce2 at kamalcogentenergy.com
Mon May 10 01:10:20 PDT 2010

Dear Folks.

As we know that the minimum two points are mandatory for projects registered
after June 26, 2007 which is 14% for new construction type in Core & Shell.

As per my understanding, to achieve minimum two points 14% savings vis-a-vis
Whole Building Load is required but recently there has been a change and we
found information (attached) and a excel spreadsheet tool which shows that
to achieve the minimum two point, 14% savings of Core & Shell Building Load
is required and minimum in our case two points can be achieved by only 5%
savings of whole building load if 25% of Energy Cost Influenced or Directly
Controlled by CS Owner/Developer.

Thus, can someone please confirm that if we achieved the 5% savings of Whole
Building Load then we qualify as per this new info?

Ashu Gupta,
Project Engineer,
Kamal Cogent Energy,
Kamal Ratan Chanbers 1st Floor,