[Equest-users] Equest Air-Side HVAC Loads vs. HAP Calculated Loads

Brooks Stout BStout at BarrettWoodyard.com
Tue May 11 10:49:58 PDT 2010

We are working on a high-rise office building which is all curtainwall,
and has a high fenestration percentage. We have calculated the air-side
HVAC loads for our project via HAP, and are comparing them to the
"eQUEST System & Zone Air-Side Summary Report" calculated design
capacity values. The eQuest values appear to be much higher, and a large
part of this increase is in the "Window Glass+Frm Cond" value displayed
in the LS-B reports. Has any one compared the eQuest system sizing
values to HAP or another load calculation program and experienced
similar results? Should we spend the additional time trying to tweak the
model so it more closely matches the HAP calculated values, or simply
move forward with comparing the eQuest building to the baseline?