[Equest-users] eQUEST and Socrates

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 00:46:30 PDT 2010

There is a story told about the philospher Socrates about how he was
lecturing to a group of students around a body of water. One of the students
posed a question to Socrates, "When, great teacher, do I know when I am
truly seeking knowledge." Without answering the student Socrates got up and
walked over to him, he then pushed the students head underwater and when the
student finally tried pushing up for air Socrates let him go. When the
student had collected his composure Socrates said to him, "when you desire
knowledge as desperatly (stet) as you were desiring air to breathe you know
you are truly seeking knowledge."

I desire air to breathe.

--
Carol Gardner PE