[Equest-users] Central Geothermal System

Jacob Goodman jacobg at lseng.com
Fri May 21 13:06:55 PDT 2010

I couldn't find any postings on this subject, but maybe I was just using
the wrong search words so here goes. I'm trying to model a geothermal
system that runs open loop from a large aquifer with a 10 deg change in
the water replaced into the aquifer. There will be 2-4 large heat pumps
operating on hot and cold water loops with one heat pump operating
between the two loops. See attached diagram.

The air side of the system will be 4 pipe fan coils since the
maintenance team is familiar with this type of system. There will be a
condensing boiler for backup heating.

    * how to simulate an open loop ground well?
    * do i need to create hot, cold and GSHP loops under water-side
      HVAC...if so how do I tie them together?

Any tips on how to model this system will be very helpful, Thanks much!

Jacob Goodman , LEED AP