[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] DCV per ASHRAE 62.1 in eQuest

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri May 28 10:42:42 PDT 2010

Dan,

[I copied the equest-users instead of bldg-sim.]

You need to enter zone-level OA as OA-FLOW/PER and/or OA-FLOW/AREA. The
OA flow/per (person) is what will vary the OA on an hourly basis, based
on your occupancy schedule(s). (Hourly OA = (# of people) * OA-FLOW/PER
* (% occupancy in schedule)). In order to turn OA off during unoccupied
hours, I create a MIN-AIR-SCH, coinciding with the fan schedule, set to
zero when fan is off (or night cycling) and -999 when fan is on. The
hourly OA can be verified by creating a new hourly report for the system
to track total system supply air flow rate and ratio of outside air to
total supply air.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers &
Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114
F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
www.pathfinder-ea.com
P May is National Bike Month. Bike to Work Day May 21st.