[Equest-users] sources of undercooling?

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Thu May 6 15:39:34 PDT 2010

There are so many things that can contribute to this issue or it could be a
lack of inputs that may be causing some issues.  It depends, on underheating
or undercooling, it depends if all of the hours are happening in one zone
only or spread across all the zones?

You'll need to start by reviewing the SS-F and SS-R reports to get more
insight, then you might want to look at the SS-O reports for the specific
zones that are troubled.  Sometimes it can be affected by schedules, or by
lack of inputs, or equipment sizing ratios, or by specifying CFM's or
equipment capacities, or , or, or....there are so many things that could
affect this.

Suggestions are to do a little engineering analysis on what could be causing
the types of under-conditioning you are getting, (i.e. is it because there
is not enough CFM being supplied to handle the loads?), next you could do
experiements by "turning off" some of the inputs that you have used and see
if one of those is the culprit, or you can ask someone else to look at your
file.  You are welcome to send your .pd2 & .inp files to us and maybe
someone will have some time to take a look at it and help find your issue.

pasha