[Equest-users] modifying a shell created in the wizard

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon May 24 08:53:04 PDT 2010

Jacob,

It is much easier to make changes to thermal zone definitions in the
wizard than in the detailed edit mode. As a rule, do the best you can
defining the zones in the wizard before you spend time making changes in
DD edit mode, since these changes will be undone if you go back into the
wizard later.

For the vaulted ceiling roof zone, I would put the ceiling back and make
it "air wall" construction to model heat transfer between the roof zone
and the zone below. Change the roof zone to conditioned (assuming the
wizard left it as unconditioned) and assign it to the same HVAC system
as the zone below.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers &
Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114
F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
www.pathfinder-ea.com
P May is National Bike Month. Bike to Work Day May 21st.