[Equest-users] Outdoor Air , Air flow ...

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 08:26:24 PDT 2010

Mateo:

Hospitals in the United States come with very strict outdoor air requirements. So when you say you change the outdoor air requirement, it will not be a single number.

ASHRAE 62.1 (2007 ??) describes what outdoor air requirements are needed for what spaces. That would be the best source.

You also indicate you are changing wall thinckness (or is that insulation thickness). I have found changing wall insulation doesn't matter that much in energy savings. Changing window sizing and properties has a greater impact.

I am sure some of my colleagues on this web site have much greater hospital experience and will share that with you.

Just after we in the US get our first cups of coffee...