[Equest-users] LEED review comments actual design value under proposed system

Brett Fero bfero at robsonwoese.com
Tue May 18 08:35:40 PDT 2010

Lan,

My guess is that the reviewer is looking for verification that the fan energy has been accounted for when calculating the EER/COPs.  Provide tables with your calculations.  If you have combined HPs within a system, present how you have combined the performance values.  It is probably best to have zoned your model based on areas served by a single heat pump with design CFMs.  Discuss how the OA system fan energy is modeled.

Brett Fero, P.E., LEED AP
RobsonWoese Inc.
Salina Meadows Office Park
301 Plainfield Road, Suite 180