[Equest-users] Interior window creation

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Fri May 28 14:13:20 PDT 2010

The DOE22Vol2-Dictionary.pdf manual states that you can only have
interior wall windows if the space containing the interior wall has
SUNSPACE = YES.  The solar transmission through such interior windows
is calculated but equest cannot directly calculate daylight passing
through said window for the purposes of daylighting control.

At 12:24 PM 5/28/2010, Jackson, Alan wrote:
>Thanks everyone for your help. I am re-attaching the files and will
>examine the Help documentation for information on the sunspace
>errors as Steven recommended. After I have a more in depth look at
>the help files maybe I can post some better findings, but in the
>meantime if you want to examine the file I am attaching. You will
>get errors on loading but if you let it load you will see the
>surfaces that I have retained as EXTERIOR-WALL showing the glazed
>subsurface. eQuest deletes the INTERIOR-WALL with the windows on it
>due to the errors.
>
>Steven, to answer your question though, the wall I am placing the
>interior windows on is associated with the interior space and not
>the cavity/sunspace space. Perhaps the windows need to be placed on
>an interior-wall that is part of the sunspace. I will try that also.
>
>Thanks again
>
>Alan Jackson, LEED AP
>KlingStubbins

Chris Jones