[Equest-users] 100% Outdoor Air Systems

Jason Moody jmoody at rnm-engineers.com
Thu Nov 4 10:42:26 PDT 2010

I have searched the archives and red all of the older opinions on this
topic but wanted to see if there are any new ideas on this topic.  I
have a hospital that is served completely by 100% outdoor air units via
6 separate air handlers.  Total supply cfm to the facility is 240,000
cfm.  There are six large exhaust fans on the roof that remove
approximately 80% of that from the facility.  Unfortunately there is no
heat recovery to date.  They used to have a run around loop but it was
removed.

What is everyone's take on modeling this in equest?  At first glance I
was planning on simply defining the amount of O/A to equal the supply
cfm but wanted some feedback before I continue.

Jason L. Moody, P.E.

RNM Engineers, Inc.

jmoody at rnm-engineers.com <mailto:jmoody at rnm-engineers.com>

828-456-9851