[Equest-users] Heat Recovery Chiller

Amy Jarvis amyj at mazzetti.com
Fri Nov 5 17:21:10 PDT 2010

I am trying to model a heat recovery chiller in equest.  The heat recovery chiller is meant to recovery heat from 200 tons of year round cooling loads.  This heat will be used in a low temperature heat recovery system for VAV terminal unit reheat.  I created a dummy boiler for the low temperature heat recovery loop.  I am encountering the following problems:

*         The dummy boiler loop has significantly more load than it should (and is sized at) and is pulling the load from the regular boiler loop.  As a result the boilers are not sequencing properly and the regular hot water loop is not properly sized.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Amy Jarvis, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical Designer

M+NLB
MAZZETTI NASH LIPSEY BURCH

520 SW Sixth Avenue, Suite 500
Portland, OR 97204

t: 503.601.5976    f: 503.445.6288    c: 503.310.7480     w: www.mazzetti.com<http://www.mazzetti.com>

Baton Rouge * Denver * Houston * Irvine * Nashville * Portland * Sacramento * San Francisco

This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not view, disclose, use, disseminate, distribute, copy, or rely upon this message or attachment in any way. If you received this e-mail message in error, please return by forwarding the message and its attachments to the sender and delete the message.