[Equest-users] complicated roofs

Andy Mcleod moon161 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:33:22 PST 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for previous help regarding GSHP/WSHP, spot on.

I'm trying to model a house with a complicated roof in the DD wizard.
Basement, 1FL, 2FL all have slightly different footprints, and some of the
roof is over 1FL, the rest is over 2FL. The 3D model looks as if the 1FL
roof penetrates the 2FL structure.

How do I model something like this or a dormer? Or is it reasonable to
simplify it away? I haven't tried making separate structures of the 1FL area
that has roof over it yet- does that work?

Thanks,

Andy McLeod,
Mech, EIT