[Equest-users] Chiller Curves (oh boy!)

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 10:54:35 PDT 2010

I agree with you, John, but have a couple of other thoughts to add. The
first is I have not met a mechanical engineer that does not select a chiller
that is capable of supplying all loads. In fact, they generally oversize a
bit to accommodate possible future loads. The only piece of equipment I have
ever seen selected at over 100% was a VRV system and that is because they
actually work better at 120% loading. The second is that you can generally
get a catalog from a manufacturer to have on your shelf that has technical
information like how the chiller unloads based on temperatures and what the
efficiency is at part load so you can look up the chiller you need info for
and not need to bother the ME or the vendor. If you can't get/don't want a
hard copy, most of this info is on line, just look for technical
specifications.

Best,

Carol

Carol Gardner PE