[Equest-users] copying files

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Nov 5 07:20:21 PDT 2010

The specific files you may want to save will vary.

If you're not sure, my practice is to open the file, then "save as" to
the new directory.  This will place only copies of the files you need to
open the project, and is great way to isolate what's critical.  I keep
my projects backed up by "saving as" to my USB flash drive every so
often.  If I want to open/review a project on there, I first copy the
file directory to the computer (off the flash drive) and open that copy
alone, to avoid the same space/clutter issues on my USB drive.

Since 3.64 is relatively new, this might also be a good opportunity to
tag your project's directory names with what version of eQuest they were
developed under.  I find issues can ensue if you try to manipulate
models with different versions.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER