[Equest-users] EE4 Modeling Question

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Nov 17 05:16:42 PST 2010

You are exactly right in your approach to putting the HRV fan power in
the return fan power and your understanding that the return fan sees
full flow, not OA flow.  So you need to calculate a static pressure and
efficiency that, in combination with the full flow equals your HRV
power.  Just assume an efficiency -- say 50% and then calculate the
equivalent static pressure to equal your HRV fan power.  There is an
example of this in the EE4 modelling guide.