[Equest-users] window problem

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Tue Nov 23 12:54:39 PST 2010

Sort of -- in the detailed interface you can add "fixed shades" which
are rectangular areas that can cast shadows on the building. You can
also schedule their transmittance to account for seasonal changes in
shading.  (In truth, I haven't tried this feature yet -- but one day
hope to.)

Regarding your 1st question, I trust you found that if you specify the
window width in the wizard you get multiple windows but if you leave the
width at 0 you get 1 big window.  I did not think the difference would
be significant until a colleague pointed out the impact of framing is
minimized on 1 big window over the multiple windows -- and depending on
your climate that does impact the building envelope loads.