[Equest-users] Default Performance Curves

Clifford McDonald mcdonald.cliff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:28:39 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm fairly new to eQuest, but I was looking at the default performance
curves for VSDs on fans and pumps (EIR as a function of PLR), and with the
exception of the cooling tower fan (htrej-Fan-Pwr-fSpeed) which is a cubic
equation, they are all quadratic equations.  Why would this be when, in
theory, energy use should vary with the cube of motor speed with a VSD?  Why
would it be quadratic for supply fans and chilled water pumps but cubic for
cooling tower fans?  Is there anywhere I can go to get more information on
these default values?

Thanks for the help...