[Equest-users] F-Factor to U-Value

Will Mak wmak at epsteinglobal.com
Thu Oct 14 08:46:46 PDT 2010

eQuest requires an input of a U-Value when modeling a slab on grab layer. Typically, you enter a F-Factor to account for the loss per perimeter length. I did some research but could not find any solid conclusions on what is suppose to be done to convert the F-Factor to a U-value or configure eQuest to correctly model this. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

William Mak, LEED Green Associate
Mechanical Design Engineer

EPSTEIN
Architecture
Interiors
Engineering
Construction

600 West Fulton Street
Chicago, Illinois 60661-1259

D (312) 429-8116
F (312) 559-1217
wmak at epsteinglobal.com <mailto:hmoats at epsteinglobal.com>
www.epsteinglobal.com <http://www.epsteinglobal.com/>

þ Epstein is a firm believer in sustainability. We ask that you please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.