[Equest-users] Unmet Heating Hours - ES

Chris Swanson cswanson at rdfa.com
Wed Oct 20 11:16:27 PDT 2010

All,

I am modeling a two-story elementary school with a VRV / DOAS system in
one area (classrooms, admin.), and a VAV system in another (gym,
cafeteria, food prep.).  The unmet heating hours are currently around
750, and I am at my wit's end to reduce them further.  I have
incorporated suggestions such as increasing the throttling range
(currently at 6, helped a little bit) and sizing ratio (currently at
1.15, although increasing to 2.00 did not help much).  As I have also
tried my best to model the VRV / DOAS system, I'm still not sure if it
is correct...  I've just picked up what I could from the users archives.

Does anyone have suggestions for reducing the unmet heating hours that I
may not be aware of?  I have attached the .inp file.  Can anyone see
glaring mistakes in the model?

Thanks,

Chris Swanson

Mechanical Designer