[Equest-users] ASHRAE 90.1 - G3.1.2.8 Design Airflow Rates

Omar Katanani omar at ecoconsulting.net
Mon Oct 25 12:34:42 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I am modeling this same school for LEED 2009 purposes.

ASHRAE 90.1-2007 section "G3.1.2.8 Design Airflow Rates" states that System design supply airflow rates for the baseline building design shall be based on a supply-air-to-room-air temperature difference of 11°C or the required ventilation air or makeup air, whichever is greater.

Can someone please check the attached print screen and confirm if this is what they mean by supply air to room air temp difference?

Furthermore, if I leave the "Supply air flow rate" input for each zones as default in the baseline (instead of entering the supply CFM as in the proposed), I am getting a total consumption for the baseline to be less than the proposed! I am certainly not going to let eQUEST estimate the supply flow rates! Remember that I'm modeling for LEED and I aim for a 15% percent reduction in energy costs, which was a number I got when I assumed the baseline and proposed cases to have the same defined supply flow rates as per the ventilation rate procedure (provided to me by the design team).

Thanks for your help!

Omar

___________________________

Omar Katanani
Sustainable Design Engineer

Email: omar at ecoconsulting.net

EcoConsulting (Lebanon)

Nahas Building, 4th floor

4 St-Maron Street / Georges Haddad Avenue

Postal Code: 2028 5806 SAIFI

Beirut, Lebanon

Tel:          +961 (0) 1 971 266
Mobile:    +961 (0) 3 045 045