[Equest-users] window heating and cooling unit

Gary.Schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com Gary.Schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com
Tue Oct 19 15:33:39 PDT 2010

Using eQuest to model a single 240 sq. ft. space with a window unit is a
bit like using a backhoe to dig a hole for a plant in your flower
garden. From a technical perspective, PTAC is the closest thing that
comes to a window unit, but as to whether or not you use a heat pump or
not is totally dependent upon whether or not you want to analyze your
window performance with a PTHP or a PTAC with strip heat. Unless I'm not
fully understanding what it is you are trying to model...

While I have not used them, (we are not in the residential business)
there are some residential energy calculation tools that probably would
be much more appropriate for a micro-scale project like this. I defer to
the other eQuesters who may have more knowledge in this area than me...

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Schrader | Schneider Electric | Buildings Business | Energy
Solutions | Engineer I
Phone: +1 913 217 8068 | Fax: +1 913 469 0206
Email: gary.schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com | Site:
www.schneider-electric.com/buildings | Address: 16011 College Boulevard,
Suite 212, Lenexa, KS 66219, USA

*** Please consider the environment before printing this email.