[Equest-users] Baseline or Proposed? Chicken or the egg?

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 26 20:24:52 PDT 2010

Pasha:

I have not had the opportunity yet to create a model in 3.64.  I tried the 90.1
compliance on a few 3.63 projects and came up with all kinds of odd errors that
I did not research.

The models that I tried were very unusual, for example two sources of exhaust
air and three sources of heating per zone.  Naturally, I had to fudge the
systems to model a thermally equivalent mechanical system and work up
exceptional calculations for GBCI.

Perhaps the compliance works well with standard type systems.  Do you know if
the compliance in 3.64 will accept a 3.63 project seamlessly?

You might be correct that 3.64 is intended to create a baseline from the
proposed.  My initial take was that the compliance tool would compare the
baseline that I create to 90.1 specs and verify if I have modeled this
correctly.

What is your experience?  Can you create a baseline model from a unusual
proposed model using the compliance tool?

Paul Diglio