[Equest-users] earth tube modeling

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Thu Oct 7 09:37:13 PDT 2010

Sara,

No, eQUEST does not have an option for modeling earth tubes. I tried to
come up with a work-around for it on a previous project, to no avail.
There are other programs available. For example, earth tubes have been
modeled in Energyplus:
http://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/dirpubs/SB06/kwangho.pdf
You can also do some analysis and design with this demo version of GAEA:
http://nesa1.uni-siegen.de/index.htm?/softlab/gaea_e.htm

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608