[Equest-users] (no subject)

David Eldridge dse at grummanbutkus.com
Tue Oct 19 08:39:47 PDT 2010

A more accurate approach pertaining to solar gains would be to use separate
perimeter zones for each façade of the building.  This may be required for
your baseline model if you are using Appendix G.  (See Table G3.1.8.b)

If this doesn’t apply, and you’re certain that the HVAC system is/will be
designed and controlled reflecting one zone per floor, you can make the
perimeter zone “wrap-around” the core.  As another poster mentioned, you
can’t make it a “doughnut” shape.  I’m not sure if the wrap-around approach
can be done in the wizard or not.  You might also approximate the situation
by moving the new vertex off of the first vertex just enough to make the
program run.

By the time you did that, it would probably have been easier (and more
accurate) to make separate perimeter zones for each façade, which the wizard
can definitely do.

David

*
*

*David S. Eldridge, Jr.**, P**.**E**.**, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, HBDP*

Project Manager

Direct: (847) 316-9224 | Fax: (847) 328-4550

http://www.grummanbutkus.com

*Grumman/Butkus Associates* | 820 Davis Street, Suite 300 | Evanston, IL
60201

Energy Efficiency Consultants and Sustainable Design Engineers

*
*

zone.